The Mo-Kan Cat Club is a member in good standing with CFA- the Cat Fanciers' Association - the world's largest registry
of pedigreed cats.
Mo-Kan is one of 67 clubs in the Midwest Region (Region 6) that includes Canada (East of the Western
border of Manitoba and West of the 90th meridian), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,
Kansas (North of the 38th Parallel), Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North
Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
The Mo-Kan Cat Club was incorporated in 1952 as a non-profit organization with by-laws revised
in 1997 and amended in November 2005, February 2007 and April 2011.
The specific purposes for which the club was formed are:
• To encourage breeding to standard for both the long-haired and short-haired cat, thereby protecting the integrity
of various breeds for future generations.
• To hold sanctioned shows under the rules of the Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc. ("CFA"), thereby providing educational,
social and recreational benefits for the community.
• To promote interest in and
knowledge of cats, including the proper care and breeding, through educational programs and the dissemination of information.
• To advance in every way possible the interests of cat owners, breeders, and exhibitors and to promote the
welfare of all cats.
The Mo-Kan Cat Club provides financial support for several organizations:
► The Winn Foundation - The Winn Feline Foundation is a nonprofit organization, affiliated with the Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc., that supports health related studies into medical problems affecting cats. Projects funded by The Winn Feline Foundation have provided much of the information that is used every day in all aspects of feline veterinary medicine.
► Other Organizations supported by the Mo-Kan Cat Club:
– K-State Cat Colony
– Kansas City Zoo
– Mayor's Christmas Tree
– Morris Animal Foundation
► Recent beneficiaries designated by the Mo-Kan Cat Club:
– Kansas City Siamese Rescue
– No More Homeless Pets Kansas City
Our Mo-Kan goals emphasize promoting positive attitudes for the welfare of our cats and CFA and for creating a cooperative atmosphere and environment for all members to further our mission and goals.